Meet the NSW Building Commissioner
Thursday, 30 November 2023, 10:00am - 12.00pm
Are you an emerging Certifier? AAC is hosting an exclusive seminar for emerging Certifiers. At this seminar, you will have the opportunity to meet the NSW Building Commissioner, David Chandler OAM.
The NSW Building Commissioner will share his insight into the role of the modern Certifier, the changing industry and a bright future where a collaborative approach from all ensures great consumer confidence.
To attend this seminar, you will need to meet the following criteria
- Current AAC Member
- Under 40 years of age OR
- Building Inspector/Building Surveyor - restricted (Class 1 & 10s) or not yet registered OR
- Building Surveyor restricted (all Classes of Building) for less than two (2) years of total time registered OR
- Building Surveyor unrestricted for less than two (2) years total time registered
Presenter - David Chandler OAM, NSW Building Commissioner
David Chandler OAM was appointed NSW Building Commissioner in 2019 to transform the industry and lead a once-in-lifetime reform.
Highlights of David's career include the management of some of Australia's most iconic building projects: Sydney Quay Apartments, Canberra's Apartments, Canberra's New Parliament House, and Melbourne's South Bank.
As an Adjunct Professor in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics at Western Sydney University, David founded the Centre of Smart Modern Construction.
He was the Deputy Chair of the BER Implementation review and is a regular industry commentator and presenter. David was awarded an Order of Australia Medal in 1989 for his services to the construction industry.
| Event Details:
Thursday, 30 November 2023
10:00am - 12.00pm
See Street, Meadowbank 2114
How to get here
* AAC Members & Students - Complimentary
Non-Members - $55
If you're unable to attend, please cancel your registration at your earliest convenience. CPD points will only be issued if you attend the seminar in-person.
Registration & Membership:
To Register, click the Registration button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
Make sure you've logged in for the AAC Member rate - if you are not already an AAC Member and would like to benefit from the AAC's professional membership, click here to join now.
Our education and training programs are delivered by industry professionals and subject matter experts, to meet the needs and address continuing professional development for registered certifiers.
Click the calendar icon below to view other AAC 2023 CPD Training Events.
Terms and Conditions
- This seminar is designed for Emerging Certifiers and there are specific registration criteria that must be met. Failure to meet these criteria will lead to cancellation and refund of your registration. If you still choose to attend, you will not be awarded any CPD points.
- Payments must be received prior to the seminar.
- Prices include GST.
- Free seminar to AAC members and students only.
- All attendees agree to abide by the AAC's Code of Professional Conduct & Ethics, and the Terms and Conditions.
- Certificate of Attendance will not be issued unless attending the seminar in-person
Cancellation Policy Webinars
- All cancellations are to be in writing [email protected]
- Full amount will be refunded when registration is cancelled up to seven (7) working days prior to seminar.
- If no cancellation notice is received or cancellation is made less than seven (7) working days prior to seminar, no refund will be provided without a doctor's certificate.
- Transfer or substitution of registration is accepted however charges may apply (max for webinar $35).
The Association of Australian Certifiers ("the Association") does not intend for this document to constitute complete or accurate advice or information, and highly recommend that the recipient of this document seek further advice or information from all necessary sources. The parties agree that the Association will not be liable for any loss or damage the recipient of this document suffers arising from a reliance on the information or advice contained herein. No warranties or assurances are given by the Association as the suitability of the information of advice contained herein. The recipient of this document acknowledges that he or she is aware of the apparent risk associated with using this document and will use the information contained at his or her own risk.