Commissioning Testing of Hydrants
Join the AAC and Prime Pumps for a practical demonstration on 'Commissioning Testing of Hydrants".
Monday, 27 November 2023 - Commissioning Testing of Hydrants
3 x 1.5 hour sessions running across the day
Practical Demonstration - Register now!
Fire hydrant commissioning to Australian Standard AS2419.1- 2021 ensures, that the fire hydrant system have been designed and installed correctly.
The AAC and Prime Pumps will be hosting an on-site seminar to discuss the implication of changes in certification and commissioning of fire hydrants systems under AS2419.1-2021. Also, learn how to perform a hydrostatic pressure test and testing each fire pump set. A hands-on session will be included on hose handling and demonstration of drafting from a static water source.
Learning Outcomes & Observations
- Commissioning Test
- Hydrostatic (pressure) test - Calculate the actual test pressure, determine correct testing method for various pipe material, determine make-up water allowance
- Section 10 - AS2419.1-2021
- Testing each pump set, and the booster assembly / system by a fire truck, from the most disadvantaged hydrants, open-ended hose testing
- Understanding commissioning report
- Hydrant and hose handling (expect to get wet)
- Possibility of Drafting from static water source
- Understanding the importance of drainage
- AS 2419.1 - 2005 & 2419.1 -2021
Select your preferred session time (max 30 per session)
Please wear your PPE to attend. If not, your registration will be cancelled and no entry allowed.
- Boots/closed in non-slip shoes
- Hi-Vis Vest
- Hearing protection
- Water to stay hydrated
Meeting Point - Gate 1
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to session start time and wait for team member. Please DO NOT enter without a team member
- Your attendance will be marked & PPE checked
- A brief WHS site induction by team member